View Single Post
Old October 16, 2010, 08:51 PM   #109
kraigwy

Quote:
Every one of us who had L/E experience were opposed to allowing students or any non L/E to carry weapons anywhere on the university grounds
I call BS on this one, maybe in your little tight nit group, but as a whole, I don’t believe it, not from my experiences with LE officers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClayInTx
A 21 year old in the military is in a situation where his sergeant is watching over him
Man, you sure don’t know much about the military do you.

Quote:
What's a "shave - tail"?
A 2nd LT. Contrary to some beliefs here, he’s in charge of the sgts, not the other way around. Sure, he’s issued a plt sgt for guidance but he’s still in charge.

Careful about coming down on Shave Tails, it could bite you; I was an E-7 when I went to OCS.

Quote:
There is a big difference between an 18-22 year old soldier and an 18-22 year old college student.

The soldier has at least 8 weeks of training. The military conducted at least a basic background check on them. During the 8 weeks of training, the folks doing the training are observing and closely monitoring the soldiers. The soldiers carry weapons in an environment with other people supervising and managing them closely.
It appears another one doesn’t know much about the military. Soldiers are taught to think and act on their own. Some have even been known to attend colleges……..heaven forbid.
Quote:
The soldier carrying the carbine would probably along with a greater unit and chain of command. There would be several layers of supervision and control of that person carrying the carbine…….The person carrying the 1911 operates without any supervision or control. Thus, the person carrying the 1911 has to be more responsible, diligent and better trained.
Hard to address this nonsense……….so I if I carry a 1911, I’m automatically more responsible than an 18 year old kid that our government sends off with a billion dollar Abrams…..or a sniper team sent out on its own for no telling how long.
Based on that logic, since I carry a 642 I should be a college professor.

Enough of pandering to RastaMan’s rants, back to the topic.

I have been keeping up with the threats regarding explosives (being an Ex-bomb tech). I personally believe that is the choice weapon of terrorist. Not that I plan on giving up my pocket pistol, I believe the threat of local, non organized bandits still exist.
Distinguished Rifle Badge 1071

Page generated in 0.02563 seconds with 8 queries