View Single Post
Old December 16, 2009, 03:10 PM   #6
BigJimP

You might be right / the Benelli Super Sport is up to $ 1,875 now ( and I think I paid about $ 1,500 for one 2 yrs ago ).... and $ 4,000 takes you to another level ... and at least with the Benelli you have a 3rd shell option so its more than just a clays gun. But even at $ 1,875 that gun is a tough sell to a lot of budges - when there are a lot of semi-autos less than $ 1,500.

There is no doubt the only thing the UGB is really good for is Trap, Skeet or Sporting Clays shooting / where O/U's in the $ 2,500 - $ 7,500 dominate today - and since I reload, I'd get tired of picking up my hulls / so I'd have to shoot it with throw away shells from RIO, etc. - like I do with the Benelli Super Sport most of the time anyway.

$ 4,000 isn't a lot of money for a good Target gun - if shooters thought it would give them a little edge / but I'm not sure that's true.

I rely on my Benelli Super Sport as a rain gun / easy travel gun on airlines ...but I'd never give up my O/U's in the forseeable future either. But it is an interesting novel gun ...... but for $ 3,000 I can order another 1911 from Wilson Combat too ....and that seems like more fun right now for the money...

Last edited by BigJimP; December 16, 2009 at 03:25 PM.

Page generated in 0.02515 seconds with 8 queries