View Single Post
Old February 3, 2014, 02:48 PM   #62
FrankenMauser

Quote:
I'm sorry but on one hand the OP is telling us what we should have and not have and I can guarantee you he and all the other supporters on this thread are also pro 2A and believes the government has no business telling us what guns and accessories we are allowed to own, talk about hypocrisy.
He isn't telling anyone what they should or should not have. He's simply sharing his opinion that many of the ways people go about "dressing up" their modern firearms seems to be wasteful, or even counter-productive.

For example, the other day, I came across a "tactical" AR-15, where the top rails, alone, are a perfect example of waste and counter-productivity.
From back to front, you had a flip up rear sight, 45-degree backup rear sight, fixed rear sight, red dot scope, a holographic sight, a flip up front sight, 45-degree backup front sight, and a fixed front sight.

So, you're co-witnessing iron sights, a red dot, and a holographic sight ... with flip up sights and 45-degree sights in reserve - AND each set of sights had a radically different sight radius. What is the point of all that crap?
How many sighting system malfunctions do you anticipate having on a given day, and what good will it do to have to switch between such dramatically different sighting systems?...

The kid was exceedingly happy with his 'toy', and that's great - he can mount a floor jack and a crock pot to the thing if he wants. But, in my opinion, his setup is just a massively wasteful exercise in stupidity.

Still....
There's a difference between not liking something, and thinking something shouldn't exist.
A lot of this tactical stuff may be garbage, in my opinion (and that of the OP), but that doesn't mean we think it should all be 'banned'.

In my opinion, the Dodge Challenger is one of the most over-priced, over-hyped lumps of garbage on the road today. But, that doesn't mean I think it should go away. In fact, I'm happy to see people waste their money on such stupid cars (or tactical accessories). It means there's lower demand for the useful, quality items that I want, and the price remains reasonable.

Page generated in 0.04547 seconds with 8 queries