View Single Post
Old December 16, 2011, 06:23 AM   #1714
Bartholomew Roberts

I don't see Breuer rolling. As noted, he has been around for awhile and I'm sure he already has his post-administration big law job lined up. Plus he has already indicated a willingness to fall on his sword. I tend to agree with Tom Servo that he is going under the bus. The only question is when.

Jacob Weinstein is another candidate. He has more exposure than Breuer. In fact, it seems it is his emails to Breuer that repeatedly tripped up Breuer in testimony; but right now Breuer seems to be the firewall between Holder and Fast & Furious. The other loose end is the NSC staffer assigned to Iraq now. It will be interesting to hear his testimony when it eventually happens.

As for when something is going to be done about it? The justice system isn't speedy even on a good day and it doesn't pick up speed when you throw in legislators, highly experienced lawyers, and Constitutional separation of powers issues. I believe Rep. Issa and Sen. Grassley are committed to seeing justice done; but it is going to be a slow process. It is after all, the DOJ and Attorney General being investigated.

In baseball terms, I'd say we are still in the second inning.

Page generated in 0.02122 seconds with 8 queries