Thread: Rossi?
View Single Post
Old October 17, 2012, 06:52 PM   #19
orionengnr

Quote:
As long as its only going to be used as a self defense gun I would recommend Rossi.
WHAT???

You only have one life. Some people apparently do not place much value on theirs, or yours.

If it were "only a range gun" I could buy that. But "only a self defense gun"? Really?

I owned one Rossi revolver, a number of years ago. It would fire one round, and the cylinder would come un-latched and try to swing out maybe 1/8". Just enough so that a subsequent trigger pull did absolutely nothing. A good slap on the left side of the cylinder would lock it again, and you could get off another shot...and the cycle would repeat itself, every time.

If you have $300 to spend, there are a bunch of well-used, still perfectly serviceable S&W revolvers. These days, that is all I own.

My LGS has been getting and selling a bunch of 4" M64s that were owned and used by Brinks Security--they are apparently going to S&W M&Ps. My LGS was selling these M64s for $200 OTD. I have helped at least a half-dozen of these orphans find new homes. I'm not sure if they have any more, but if you pm me, I will check.

Best, Rich

Page generated in 0.03330 seconds with 8 queries