View Single Post
Old March 21, 2011, 04:19 PM   #6
oneounceload

Quote:
When I went from a pretty traditional 1100 to a 870 Tactical, I immediately picked up about 3-4 birds per round on my skeet game; I chalked it up to the longer length of pull and how the gun just felt more natural.
Let me get this right - you went from an auto to a pump, and a plastic military-style one at that, and picked up 4 birds per round in a game involving shooting doubles? I guess you weren't that active of a skeet shooter before or scoring very highly?....

Imagine how well you might be doing with a properly fitted wooden stock on your semi..or even better, on an O/U

Quote:
The last time I was at the skeet field, a young fellow showed up with a .410 pump and proceeded to show the hide bound regulars how it was done.
It was very entertaining seeing all those shotgun snobs, with their gold plated over and under 12 gauges, muttering in their beards.
Give 'em what for.
And these type of statements never seem to be verified or are even half-way true, but seem to come from folks with wealth envy of those who shoot nicer guns - I imagine they same the same thing about vehicles/houses/etc...... the reverse snobbery DOES get old though...

Page generated in 0.02560 seconds with 8 queries