View Single Post
Old August 31, 2008, 08:40 AM   #9
BigBlack

Quote:
I'm just a lowly hunter with a 700 SPS 20" bbl. shooting Wallyworld 100gr. pills made by Federal and can stay with you at 200 yds. (you didn't state the range). I just dumped the BSA scope (came with the purchase) for a Nikon and hope to tighten the groups up a little more as soon as I can get to the range.

Fay tried to drown us, Gustav is dropping more rain and Hanna is still up for grabs. I'll get out there when I can. No chrono but I'll post some targets.
Trying to figure out how this is helping me. I can shot the cheap blue box of walley world ammo and get the same results as my handloads. Although this is plenty fine for hunting I want better. I enjoy reloading and is my new past time. I am even casting my own pistol bullets now. As I think of it I am actually shooting cheaper than the blue box walley world ammo. I am loading 100 rounds for $38 (reusing brass) where to buy them at walmart for their cheap stuff would cost $69 ($12.97 plus tax times 5).

I have cut my 223 down to .6 MOA by handloading, the 243 will come around as soon as I find the diet she craves. The 223 has only had the barrel floated, nothing else done to the rifle yet.

Page generated in 0.02514 seconds with 8 queries