View Single Post
Old January 21, 2007, 01:37 PM   #7
grendelbane

Quote:
Would appreciate any help in finding one powder for the 40 and 45 as well as one for a 4 inch .357 with 125gr bullets that will push them at near safe max velocities .
Power Pistol is a great choice for high velocities in auto pistol cartridges, but as you mention, it produces a terrible muzzle flash. I have recently started working with Longshot, and it is much better behaved. Not flashless, by any means, and it might still produce more flash than some of the other powders mentioned, but it does produce high velocities at reasonable pressures.

I haven't tried loading WAP, but it is supposed to be what is in 9x23mm Winchester loads, and I can confirm that they are both low flash, and high velocity! No longer in production under that name, Silhouette is supposed to be a good replacement. Was going to buy that, or the 3n37 last opportunity I had to buy powder, but the VV price was so high, and the Silhouette unavailable, so I settled for Longshot. So far, it seems to do what I want it to do. There are Longshot loads for the .357 magnum, But I have no experience using it in anything but 10mm, .40S&W, 9x23mm, and .45 ACP.

Page generated in 0.02723 seconds with 8 queries