View Single Post
Old April 20, 2001, 11:49 PM   #39
kjm

What the hell is the 8 year old doing in my orchard at 3AM? I don't know for sure what is going on out there, and I ain't about to ask for ID. If you steal in Texas, and it is night out, you could die. That means that parents of children prone to stealing should probably keep those rascals in at night and turn them out to steal during the day. An 8 year old stealing apples could get shot just the same as the 30 year old ex-con stealing an airconditioner from g'ma's house. In Texas, the law is clear. The monkey is on the theif's back whether he be 8 or 80. Don't steal in Texas, and you'll not have a problem.

While I'm sure that sounds awful, I thank God I live in a state where the law is clear and to the point and not so confusing as to put the homeowner on trial for protecting his property. BTW, theft of livestock in Texas is also a real no-no. So this kid and his 20 year old accomplice were really making a bad mistake. Stealing livestock at night just ain't real smart. This kid made a mistake and was killed for it just the same as a kid who runs into an interstate at rush hour. Either way, he's dead from a mistake, the only difference is that the theif could be alive today if his parents had some semblance of control over him. I suppose you'll want to shed a tear over his demise, but in 8 years, he'd have been robbing and raping just the same, and rather than spend a lot of tax-dollars to support this POS, his family now has to live with the fact that they didn't discipline him, nor teach him the slightest inkling of morality, so now he's dead.

Jeesh! I don't get how difficult that is to comprehend. Don't come to Texas and steal, kill or rape, and the worst that could happen to you is a good butt whoopin for offending us. If you commit one of the big 3, then prepare to be killed either by the state or by a citizen.

Page generated in 0.06419 seconds with 8 queries