View Single Post
Old April 25, 2013, 02:35 PM   #17
Kimio

Ignorance is one thing, I'm not one to go off spouting that I know everything (Far from it in fact) especially when it comes to firearms, because I know I don't know a lot of things.

I think what bugged me the most with this kid was that I had the feeling he was trying to impress me or gain my respect. Maybe its some kind of inferiority complex or something, but I'd have much more respect for someone that admits they are ignorant on a topic and are making strides to try and educate themselves.

Heck, when I first came to this forum, I'm sure I asked a whole bunch of stupid questions (Still do in fact), but, thankfully, the community here welcomed me with open arms and were patient with me.

Looking back at it, perhaps it would be prudent of me to offer whatever wisdom I've gleaned from here onto this kid.

@Piper you are correct for the most part about how gamers can be extremely competitive. I'll be the first to admit that I hate losing, and strive to win at whatever I endeavor upon. It's all in good sport though, I've got several people whom I've become quite close with online, a few I've actually gone and met in real life and we hang out on a regular basis.

Page generated in 0.03000 seconds with 8 queries