View Single Post
Old December 4, 1999, 03:02 AM   #2
SEshooter

You are not the only one with this problem. What I did was make a reloading bench top for my Black & Decker Workmate. I took a 3/4" peace of plywood, the size of the workmate top, then I placed 2 "T" shaped blocks of wood on the bottom. This is so that when I place the top on the bench, I can clamp it down and tight with the vice top. (If you have ever used a workmate, you know what I'm talking about.) After that I placed the press on the front edge, checked for clearance, and marked the holes for drilling. Once I drilled the holes, I took 1/4" flat head bolts and placed them through the bottom, pointing up. I countersunk the bolt holes flush so that when the top was on the workmate, it would sit flat. I then located a place for my powder measure and drilled the holes for that. This I hold on with screws going through the top. When I get ready to reload, I just open up the workmate and put the top on. Then mount the press and powder measure and I'm ready to go. When I'm done reloading I take the press and measure off, and fold the workmate up. I place the press and most all the reloading hardware in a large plastic tool box. All this can fit easely in a closet and take up very little room. It is a little more time consuming to set up and take down put once its taken down and stored it is out of sight. I also have a progressive loader for .45acp. So, on the opposite side I drilled and mounted the bolts for that set up too. Now if I reload for the .45 I just turn the top around. I hope this helps. If you need a better description let me know and maybe I can email you a better one. You will really like reloading once you get started. Good luck.

Page generated in 0.02090 seconds with 8 queries