View Single Post
Old February 26, 2008, 07:10 PM   #28
berkmberk1

The loads worked alright. They seem to be comparable to my 8 gr Unique load....only more smoke! I only loaded 12 as the only bullets were lubed for smokeless powder and I didn't want a mess.

As mentioned in another thread, I did have a minor bind up around the third shot. I don't know what it was as no bullets came unseated and no primers proturded, but the gun just seized up! I fiddled with it....nothing in particular, it unstuck and I continued on.

After that, I switched to my standard load (Unique) and had further problems (also dealt with in My Black Powder Baptism) in that I had frequent lite primer strikes...I'd say 8-10 out of 38 rounds. After getting them to fire (all with healthy firing pin dents) and playing with the firing pin (EAA Bounty Hunter with transfer bar safety) I think I've zeroed it down to either a sticking firing pin, or the transfer bar. I say this because I think I caught myself putting pressure on the trigger as I was cocking for the next shot. Maybe this was enough pressure to partially raise the transfer bar and partially block the hammer as it fell. To that end, I am going to leave it out when I reassemble the piece.

Page generated in 0.03297 seconds with 8 queries