View Single Post
Old November 11, 2013, 11:04 AM   #32
Captchee

Yep most re-enactments don’t allow anything but powder down the bore . No loading rods and no wads .
A simple charge of BP , will make a very good crack . Myself I use my hunting load of 80 grains of 3F . Simple settle the powder by tamping the stock and she will make a nice sound . But as another said , your going to probably have to clean it in order to reload it .
One thing we used to do however at parades was to put a few kernels of popcorn down the bore . When the gun was fired into the air , , pipity , poppity . LOL . But a lot of that is gone now as many times they don’t even allow you to fire blank loads .

Relatives are what relatives are your not going to get around that by trying to make a fool of him . In Fact you may even make the situation worse if he actually gets a shot at a good deer . Whats going to happen when your wife finds out or he goes around telling the rest of the family what an A hole you were? .
While they probably know what he is like , its not going to change the bad mouthing or the possible turmoil in the family .
If it were me , I would just take him along . You already agreed, so your committed .
In fact I might even go so far as to give him the best hunt I could . Then next year if he wants to come back , simply say SORRY , I loaned my extra rifle out to someone else who was wanting to give it a try .. Make it know right out front that if he chose’s to buy his own gear and come along with you , that you wont have much time to spend with him as you have to fulfill your primary obligation to your emendate family and friends first.

Now on the bright side , you could have a relative like I have .
My wife and sister were very close . My sister-in-law , against the families recommendation , married this guy from Alaska .The 2nd year of their marriage she called my wife and asks if I would like to come up to Alaska on a Moose hunt . All expenses paid.
I was like ,,,,,HELL YA!!!!
So I call her up for information .; Can I use my muzzleloader, what all do I need to do to comply with the state laws , where are we going , what extra gear should I bring …….
She then tells me I don’t need to bring anything but extra clothes ,a good extreme cold weather bag and such .
Not once did she mention a rifle . So I ask again ,; can I use my muzzleloader or will your husband have a rifle for me to use and will I have time to shoot a few boxes of shells ?.

that’s when I finally get the true story . This guy wanted me to come up on a moose hunt alright . Seems his regular partner , do to health issues , couldn’t make it that year and what he wanted was someone to come up and help him pack out his moose , be camp cook , load and unload his boat .

Last edited by Captchee; November 11, 2013 at 11:09 AM.

Page generated in 0.03600 seconds with 8 queries