View Single Post
Old September 21, 2013, 09:16 PM   #20
Jay24bal

Tried the AA Tracker's Today

I know this thread is a couple weeks old, but I wanted to report my experience with them today as I was able to test them and there did not seem to be much first hand experience with them.

Short Version: They are worth every bit of the extra $1 per box for someone like me who has trouble with shotgunning. Heck, after my results, I would have paid $20/box for them.

Long Version: I have never been very good with a shotgun. I am slightly above average with a handgun and IMO pretty good with a rifle whether scoped or shooting irons, but the skills needed to hit consistently with a shotgun have always eluded me. It has frustrated me in the past and resulted in my harvesting of fewer waterfowl than most other people I was with because I always waited for the easy/close shots to ensure a clean, humane kill. On average I was hitting on about 60% of my shots when shooting trap or sporting clays.

I have had several buddies "coach" me and attempt to track where I was missing, I even took a couple training sessions with a shooting coach to try and address the issue. After the paid sessions, my hit rate did not improve at all and I was resigned to just never being good at shooting moving targets with a shotgun. So when the Trackers were introduced I was intrigued and I was able to run 4 boxes today with a buddy helping track the colored wad.

What I discovered, is that I was consistently aiming high over the target. It did not matter if if it was a left-to-right or right-to-left, or even a straight away shot, I was hitting 1-1.5 feet high.

Maybe it was finally having the visualization that helped because everyone always told me I was high, but my scores went up drastically today after running those four boxes. We were just throwing hand trap, but I put together 4 different strings of hitting 20+ consecutive clays with the first shot. I actually looked like I knew what I was doing out there today.

I could not be happier with the Trackers. I had 2 boxes of the orange and two boxes of black wads to see which worked better. It was a rainy, overcast day here and the black ones really stood out. The orange wads were still visible, but the black wads really stood out in the overcast sky.

When the time comes that I start missing a lot again, I will surely go grab some more AA Trackers and let them show me where I am missing.

Once Fired Brass, Top quality, Fast shipping, Best prices.
http://300AacBrass.com/ -10% Coupon use code " Jay24bal "

Page generated in 0.03108 seconds with 8 queries