View Single Post
Old August 12, 2013, 02:24 PM   #75
daddyo

Quote:
I said nothing about taking a beating before you draw. In fact I said, "those were times where I probably could have drawed."

The laws vary by state.

"Lucky," is incorrect. If you are walking to your car, and a thug comes to carjack you, and the thug already has a gun in his hand, even if you have your gun on you, you will need a lot more than a draw to get yourself out of that situation. You will need to reverse the odds from a disadvantage.

That's a lot more than luck.
You said.......
Quote:
"There are a lot of situations where you can draw. However, those same situations can be survived without drawing." You can get out a lot of street trouble without a gun.
........my take on this quote is that you don't feel the need for a gun. Why else mention that many of the situations where a gun was justified in being presented but none was presented, are survivable. Then you go on to explain how you were robberd at knife point............IMO that qualifies as your life being held in the hands of the knife holder......and beaten pretty badly in two others....also life threatening IMO seeing as a single blow has killed many full grown men.

So I simply explained that you were lucky. Guess what???? Your robbers/muggers didn't kill you and that is lucky for you. Many innocent folks die every year from the same beating and/or a robber who decided to use the knife.

If you are walking to your car and a thug comes to carjack you and you allowed him to approach you with a gun in his hand without a response then you deserve to be at his mercy. At that point compliance is probably the best course of action.

Page generated in 0.03832 seconds with 8 queries