View Single Post
Old June 23, 2013, 12:56 PM   #5
Spats McGee
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctor_brevic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spats McGee
I have some serious doubts about anyone's ability to convince a jury that a someone 600-800 yards out from the Defendant (because that's what the shooter will be) posed an imminent threat of death or serious bodily harm.
Really? A poacher with a bolt action 7mm magnum scoped rifle that may want me dead is at 600 yards and he is incapable of "posing an immenent threat of death?" With all do respect sir I can hit a basketball at 850 with my 7mm. Stands the reason that they can do the same
Yes. The standard is usually "reasonable fear of death or serious bodily injury.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctor_brevic
. . . .Original post: . . . .
We didn't have a visual but I fired my .300 savage into the dirt to communicate that we were human beings after the first shot and STILL got 3 more. We didn't see them until they fled over a hill and out of view. I genuinely believe that our lives were deliberately being put in danger and I feel confident in my ability to convey that to a jury if ever put into the situation again so 600 yards can and sometimes is a distance at which one could justify a self defence application of a firearm.
If you didn't see the shooter first, how do you expect to prove that your fear was reasonable?

Page generated in 0.03711 seconds with 8 queries