View Single Post
Old November 26, 2008, 02:23 PM   #9
Sparks2112

Quote:
One note though, it might be prudent to reschedule shopping time.
We're night people because of work schedules, so, not much chance of that happening.

Quote:
Did you get a description of the vehicle, plate etc?
Not that would have been any good. he drove away VERY fast, and I wasn't expecting a car (didn't know one was there.) Also the parking lot at this particular store was rather dim.

Quote:
Did you have any visual "issues" ie did you tunnel in on him? Did you scan at any point to assess for more BG's?
I feel like I was doing a pretty good stevey wonder as far as my recollection goes. I didn't tunnel on him or anything of that nature though I did find myself prepping for my draw and shot(s). Kind of like pre-staging/imagining it in my head, "right hand clear garment, combat grip, draw away from body to not snag on anything, light from pocket, breathing, front sight etc... etc...

Quote:
Did you perceive any adrenaline dump physically before/during/after?
Heart rate and breath rate certainly kicked up quite a bit, I know I had to physically make myself breath slowly during. Also I got EXTREMELY cold in the space of a few seconds of the beginning of the encounter. Once I made it to the car and had driven away I was shaking very badly, teeth chattering, stomach cramps, etc...

Quote:
Had you and your wife discussed previously what to do "if" or did she just instinctually move behind you?

Instinctually. It actually made me rather emotional after the fact that when she felt threatened she automatically looked to me that way. I know it sounds silly, I just hadn't had it brought home in that way prior to this. Really reminded me of what my job(s) as a husband is/are.
J.M. Johnston

Page generated in 0.03417 seconds with 8 queries