View Single Post
Old February 8, 2006, 11:53 AM   #14
Twycross

Quote:
Yes I think that officer should have been able and should have shot that guy. It was not a matter of the guy dancing, it was a matter of this guy being a danger to the officer.
But until he went back for his gun, he was not a danger to the officer. He was goofing off. Should traffic cops be able to shoot people who won't hand over their driver's licenses?
Quote:
until they are under your contol THEY ARE A DANGER.
A potential danger, not an actual danger. Yeah, if the guy is coming towards you, or reaching for the fireplace poker, by all means blow him away. But if he is just standing there, or starting to leave, I don't see why you can kill him.
Quote:
As a little boy, if a dad says to you "don't do that son" and you keep doing it anyway and the dad keeps saying "don't do it, don't do it, one, two, three okay now I mean it" it's not going to change the kids mind unless he knows he will get a spanking.
True. But this scenario is not really applicable here. Spanking would be the equivalent of a taser, versus throwing the kids out on the street.
Quote:
At the point they are running their mouth, . . . hands up, . . . they really are not a threat if I have my loaded 1911 or my semi auto shotgun with 7 rounds pointing at two bg's.

When one starts to move, . . . or gives any inclination to me that he feels he is smart enough to move on a drawn gun, . . . local undertakers are going to have business, . . . same goes for #2 when I get done with #1.
I think this is a more realistic plan.

Page generated in 0.03375 seconds with 8 queries