View Single Post
Old February 26, 2014, 09:38 AM   #46
db4570

I have watched this video several times, amazed.

I think the cop showed incredible expertise and coolness under pressure, not to mention cojones. We see fancy gunfights in movies, and I think we lose track of how difficult it is in the real world.

The cop chose his moment to act perfectly, and acted with lighting speed. He then covered the area, assessed that the threat was neutralized, removed the weapon from the crook's reach, and continued to stay alert. It looked more like a training video.

I have owned guns for many years, am a very good pistol shot, am big and strong, tend to be aware of my surroundings, and have a somewhat aggressive nature. But there is no way I could have come close to performing anywhere near as well as he did. (This may be motivation to get some intensive training.)

I was cheering the cop on. When he shot the guy, I was saying, "Yeah!" But when I saw the perp crawling on the ground, struggling for his last breaths, it got real serious, and a bit awful. Even when it's someone who deserves it, watching someone die is shocking, and harsh. I hear new or wanna-be gun owners talk about shooting a bad guy like it's an opportunity they are craving. I don't think they realize what a grave and terrible thing it is.

FWIW

David

Page generated in 0.03530 seconds with 8 queries