View Single Post
Old March 31, 2007, 11:27 PM   #10
JohnKSa
Staff

Quote:
I know that when I've read about people wearing their guns into the shower, I think, how awful it must be to spend your entire life, every waking moment, fixated on the fear of an attack on your person.
Having participated in a few "gun in the shower" threads (and even having started one) I can tell you that very few, if any, wear (or even take) a gun into the shower. Some try to have one easily available while showering (within easy reach), but I think it's highly unusual for even the most "prepared" to actually have to waterproof a gun for shower duty.

I do think that it's very smart to have some sort of self-defense plan for the bathroom (including bathing/showering) since a person is typically very vulnerable in the bathroom. Criminals are smart enough to realize this and it has been documented that at least one serial killer made it his MO to break into houses when he knew that the woman of the house was likely to be in the shower.

I think that we often make very inaccurate assessments of motive based on what we feel would be OUR motives for an action. For example, I have several fire extinguishers--maybe someone would interpret that as my being fixated on the fear of a housefire. I don't feel that way at all--I just consider it part of a reasonable plan for dealing with the chance of housefires.

Page generated in 0.02345 seconds with 8 queries