View Single Post
Old June 26, 2010, 02:55 PM   #39
Webologist

HK USP .45

Quote:
If you could only have one handgun what would it be?

IF the world's as it should be, all unicorns and rainbows, I'm set for life and my biggest handgun addressable problem is too many stray cats, err, squirrels, a Ruger .22 auto, long barrel, target sights.

IF "We're in Teh End Times!", and I have to survive a 7 year Great Tribbleation wandering through a blasted and mutating apocalyptic landscape with only what I managed to grab in my panicked flight, a Glock 19. It should last as long as I need it. I can scavenge ammo from my fallen enemies, as, surely, the Man 'o Sin's minions will favor the Euroweenie 9mm over the One True Cartridge delivered by the hand of St. JMB.

Now if the latter was my motivation, I would reach for my HK USP .45 and use the 9's that had previously been carried by Beelzebub's minions as backups.

I have a G19 but would reach right over it to pick the most effective and reliable handgun I own. The G19 has never failed in my hands but a few buddies and women have experienced FTEs/Stovepipes. The HK has been in my stable much longer gobbled up may times as much ammo and never had any issue of any kind. My trust in the HK is 100%. In the G19 maybe 95%. Even if it was equal the .45 cartridge is more compelling to me.

Page generated in 0.02633 seconds with 8 queries