View Single Post
Old March 11, 2013, 06:33 PM   #7

Quote:
57k will probably get on here after me and basically try to tell you that the XD is a super gun compared to the Glock.
"Supergun" compared to the G17 is a stretch but there are advantanges favoring the XD, IMO. It has a relieved ejection port where Glocks don't, better sights, conventional rifling to shoot cast lead bullets better if you handload. Then there's the more conventional grip angle of the XD, which you've already noticed. If you modify either pistol's trigger, it's cheaper to do with the G17, but since the XD's is single action, PRP kits come with overtravel stops on the trigger. So, not only will you get a lighter than factory trigger, you can also eliminate overtravel and prevent excessive follow through when you press the trigger. Other than that, I believe the G17 & 19s are the best of all Glocks.

I would opt for the XDm though, and believe it's worth the slightly higher price. With the interchangeable backstraps you can use the #2 medium to get an identical feel of the XD. Then you have options of smaller of larger grip dimensions. When you disassemble an XDm, you don't have to pull the trigger to remove the slide like an XD or Glock. It's a small issue, but still safer, but everyone should always make sure a pistol is unloaded before you disassemble.

Opinions vary on the match grade barrel issue with the XDm, but HS Produkt who actually makes the pistols are using and inspecting for tighter tolerances when they manufacture and rifle the barrel. The XDm is actually closer in size to the G17 with it's 4.5" barrel. Something I've found interesting is that the barrel in my XDm is the easiest barrel to clean of any semi-auto I've ever owned (which includes SIG, H&K and Glocks). I attribute that to the excellent steel used by HS Produkt and velocities in their barrels run faster than typical for other pistols with the same barrel length.

Page generated in 0.03810 seconds with 8 queries