View Single Post
Old February 17, 2013, 11:35 AM   #24
F. Guffey

David R. Forgive,

Quote:
Concaved, you are not going to believe this, vacuum,

Hoover or Electrolux?

http://www.johntaylormachine.com/

Many years ago in an attempt to save time I started with a short lecture on listening. I started by explaining Mother Goose stories then stories written by THE BROTHERS GRIM, I explained ‘Once Upon a time ‘ as being the beginning of a story that never happened. I did not assume everyone understood ‘Once Upon a Time never happened’, I then moved on to newer versions of the same story.

Army stories starts with “Me and my buddy we were....etc..” A story that starts with “Me and my buddy we were etc..” is like a story by Mother Goose and the Grim Brothers, it just did not happen.

Navy stories start with “Now here this etc.. Again, it did not happen along with some versions starting with “Listen-up men....etc.. Never happened, just like a story by the Grim Brothers.

About that time everyone wanted to know about the the Air Force so I held one hand out and up, with the other hand out and down and then started with:

“There I was...etc.." By that time most had caught on I added truck drivers, “You are not going to believe this @%#”.

I then explained there are times I will take a liberty and tell them about an event that never happened , it could be a story I made up , it could be a story about an event that has been repeated as fact but was fiction.

As usual everything went as designed until I told them about an event that some found difficult to believe, one ask “Are you for real” without loosing time with an explanation another student said “He did not start with “You are not going to believe this”.

and Scorch ask
Quote:
Concaved, you are not going to believe this, vacuum,

Hoover or Electrolux?

http://www.johntaylormachine.com/

F. Guffey

Last edited by F. Guffey; February 17, 2013 at 11:44 AM. Reason: Change a M to a W, then I added one "

Page generated in 0.05540 seconds with 8 queries