View Single Post
Old January 29, 2013, 11:37 AM   #10
Technosavant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theohazard
And the heavy, DAO trigger pull of the P250
Huh?

Sure, the P250's DAO trigger is long but it's far from heavy. It's pretty light and VERY consistent.

I'll leave discussion of the Glock to others... I don't own one (don't like the way they feel in my hand), but they are good guns and worthy of consideration.

I do have several P250s. It is very true that the trigger is not for everyone and it tends to get a lot of guff from the Glock guys for the length of the trigger pull and the reset (but then, since I also like 1911s, I just return the guff upon them). It is very easy to learn the trigger, and since it's a true DAO you can do a lot of dry fire practice to figure it out. However, I would recommend trying one out before plunking down cash- at least dry fire it to see if you might like it. It seems that the striker fired guys don't like and can't stand it, but those coming over from wheelguns very much like it. My P250s have been very reliable and very manageable. Sure, they aren't quite as easy to shoot accurately as a 1911, but one can get good accuracy out of it. The modular design, IMO, is a benefit to the design but not necessarily the reason to buy it. If you like the gun it can put it over the top. If you don't like the gun it won't make you love it.

The SP2022 is also a fine gun. There's many, many other fine guns in this same vein and price class out there as well.

As for safety, I would contend that the short and light trigger pull of Glocks can work against a shooter too... there's no shortage of folks who've put a bullet in themselves from something getting in the way of the trigger when reholstering. That's far less likely to happen with a longer DA trigger or a manual safety. Good gear and good practices will mitigate this, but I think that calling out any particular model or action in this class of gun as unsafe is incorrect. Some have more tolerance for poor handling than others, but if one's practice is poor there's nothing that will finally prevent someone from a negligent discharge, no matter how "safe" the design.

Page generated in 0.03652 seconds with 8 queries