Thread: Murder in SC
View Single Post
Old December 30, 2011, 11:47 AM   #7
pax

To answer my own questions (I live in a very rural area so this one strikes close to home):

1) I would find out exactly where she is. This would be my first priority, ahead of anything else. I would want to know the road, the mile marker, and the direction of travel.

2) My next question would be a description of the vehicle following her.

3) I would tell her not to stop for anything, especially not if he bumps into her.

4) I would tell her to honk and flash her lights at any vehicle she sees on the road, to follow any cars she can reasonably follow (again while honking and flashing lights), and to stop immediately at any house (or business, or farm, or whatever-it-is) if there are people outside. She needs witnesses, the more the better.

5) Because cell phone coverage is spotty to nonexistent in our area, I would not have access to a second phone line, nor would I have confidence that she could call 911 after she'd wasted her first call on me. Although I would rather keep her on the phone myself, for mutual comfort, I would hang up and call 911 with the information she'd given me. I would also direct her to do the same, but I would never assume she'd successfully done so.

6) Because we live in a very rural area and a "fast" police response would likely take 30 minutes or more, as soon as I'd called in and given the information to 911, I would drive toward the location she'd given me -- alerting whatever family, friends, neighbors I could think of who might do likewise from other directions.

pax

Page generated in 0.02382 seconds with 8 queries