View Single Post
Old May 26, 2011, 01:01 AM   #22
Bill Akins

You sure did Denster. I appreciate it too. Using the hammer I got from you at such a great deal, at least I can now shoot it and take my time getting a new cam and pressing it into my old hammer for later use. I'll do that for sure, but in the meantime I kinda like the look of this case hardened hammer too. I was used to the gold hammer that matched the gold cylinder and gold trigger but this color case hardened hammer kinda grows on me and has a good look to it too.

Now that the BP revolver I like to shoot most is back up and running, I gotta do some shooting and get a range report posted here on the homemade clear plastic powder measure Doc Hoy sent me. Thanks again for that measure and the sample bags of different size balls too Doc.

Then I gotta do some reloading with my new .45 Colt dies and get a range report posted here too on the .45 Colt cartridge cases Noelf2 sent me. Thanks again for those cases Noel.

Doc Hoy, Denster and Noelf2, I appreciate the help from you fellas. Helpful, kind and generous people like y'all is what helps make this forum such a nice place to be.

Doc Hoy, if you read this, I saw that '58 Remy parts gun I sent you an I.M. about went for $50.00 on Gunbroker. Was that you who got it? Hope so. If it was you I can't wait to see you bring it back from the dead.

"This is my Remy and this is my Colt. Remy loads easy and topstrap strong, Colt balances better and never feels wrong. A repro black powder revolver gun, they smoke and shoot lead and give me much fun. I can't figure out which one I like better, they're both fine revolvers that fit in my leather".
"To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target".

Last edited by Bill Akins; May 26, 2011 at 01:08 AM.

Page generated in 0.02590 seconds with 8 queries