View Single Post
Old March 11, 2009, 12:33 PM   #12
a1abdj

How can a Browning "Tech" come out to inspect it if nobody knows where it is? I should also point out that Browning isn't in the safe business, Pro Steel builds all of their safes. To my knowledge they only use local companies and do not fly out techs. I base this on the fact that I do most of their warranty work in the St. Louis area.

I wish I had a photo, but the local Bass Pro dropped a Browning/Pro Steel/Red Head gun safe off of their forklift the other day at the loading dock. The safe landed on one of those large yellow concrete poles used to keep the trucks from hitting the building. It split the safe open all the way from top to bottom, and it only fell about 3' before hitting the post.

I have never seen a gun safe torched open, as even most criminals realize there are easier ways. I can usually drill, scope, and open a gun safe in less than 10 minutes including the time it takes me to set everything up. Gun safes offer minimal security, and any manufacturer making stupid claims like this should be sued.

I've also never heard of the bomb squad being in the safe opening business. When the police do warrant openings they usually call a safe tech out to open the safe. The only time I've seen police/firefighters go hands on with a safe is when somebody is locked inside or there was some other emergency to warrant it.

Page generated in 0.02318 seconds with 8 queries