View Single Post
Old June 3, 2009, 09:57 AM   #4
Willie Lowman

Quote:
I had read all the things about owning a class3 weapon, the stamp, passport pics, form 1,
Form 1 is to make a SBR, SBS, AOW, or suppressor but not a machinegun. Form 3 is what the weapons transfer dealer to dealer on and Form 4 is what they tran$fer to individuals on.

Quote:
I haven't found anything on here about, If i work for the gov. and am a federal law enforcement agent is it any easier to get any of these weapons??
No. If you want to privately own one of these weapons you must jump through the same hoops as me. There is a B I G legal difference between a NFA firearm issued to someone as an officer (like a SWAT cop's department owned MP5) and NFA firearm privately owned by said person.

Quote:
Another question is if the weapon is not fully auto is it considered a class3 weapon? i know that if it is slienced then yes it is class 3 reguardless. Thanks.
If it is a Short Barreled Rifle (barrel less than 16"), if it is a Short Barreled Shotgun (barrel less than 18"), Any Other Weapon (smooth barrel pistol, pen guns, flashlight guns, etc.) or a Destructive Devise (bore over .5" with no 'sporting purpose') it is a class 3 weapon (NFA). A silencer is considered a NFA item not the gun it goes on unless the silencer is integral to the gun.

Page generated in 0.03877 seconds with 8 queries