Thread: .223 ammo cost?
View Single Post
Old June 29, 2011, 07:43 AM   #20
Gehrhard

Chris;
THERE'S a new marketing approach:
Buy our factory-new ammo with semi-used bullets! Because they were pulled out of previously manufactured ammo and used again we can charge you a little less! That'd go over real well...

See what I mean guys? There's always something left out. I love the never-ending lb. of powder. "I get 7,000 rounds per lb. can." Oh yes, I reload. For real savings it is preferrable to buy 4 and 8 lb. cans (well, more often "plastics" nowadays) but most people won't sink the big-dollars into this inventory. And even if they do they won't consider the value of having extra hundreds of dollars in their pocket to spend elsewhere or invested vs. sitting in a cool, dry, dark place. Knew one guy who figured his cost-per-round with 8-lb. cans because he COULD have reloaded with them but bought 1 lb. cans individually due to cash-flow and couldn't understand why we laughed at him. Again, there's always something left out.

I wonder if that Federal ammo uses "pulled" bullets. Lotta guesses floating around as to what it is -- no facts. I say it is ammo.

Page generated in 0.01965 seconds with 8 queries