View Single Post
Old January 18, 2012, 02:18 AM   #10
A Hatch

Thank you all so much.
Time is the problem. I work for a production team that produces documentrys.
We were told the rifle was "good to go" with the bullets provided, which were cast by the seller, his main "job". When proved not, his reply was a little rude, and his advice, 60-70 grain charge maximum, job done!
Our own firearms man did say this was not his area,( currently off with ill health) and that every other gun provided by this guy has needed work to get it to "good to go." Now we hear others are not happy with this guys castings etc.
You live and learn, do not rush at somthing like this!
The bullets were loaded with a 3ft drop tube if thats any use?
The seller has no intention of having the rifle back, so our firearms man will take it over as a project when he returns. He is our armourer, but this is a little "modern" for him, his field runs out around the flint/cap lock time
I will piont him in the direction of this forum and the others mentioned, I can see he will need help to get this to work well.
No, for those interested in this type of rifle, I think if you buy one for longrange shooting it is will be a project, so remember it will time to get there.
Any information is good and helpful as we may return to this topic later in the year.
But to be clear, lowering the charge around 60 grains with a 550 or above grain bullet is not the way forward ?
Thank you.
Tony

Page generated in 0.02958 seconds with 8 queries