View Single Post
Old February 11, 2014, 11:05 PM   #34
gyvel

Quote:
How is it a "ridiculous analogy" when it matches the exact set of criteria (concealed hammer and no manual safety) that you established?
Simple. The concealed hammer in a "hammerless" revolver is at rest, not cocked over a loaded chamber, and thus has the same status as any other double action revolver when the hammer is not cocked.

Quote:
Perhaps you should have been more rational in your approach before you declared a firearm you have no firsthand experience with or clear technical understanding of before you declared it unsafe.
You are right that I have not handled the new Remington, but I have worked on enough 51s to understand how the Pedersen system works. I stand by my original statement that the lack of a manual safety when you have an internal COCKED hammer is a big mistake. I would never trust ANY gun with a loaded chamber under a cocked hammer to just a grip safety.

Here's a good example: The original FN Browning Model 1905 .25 ACP auto (European predecessor of the Colt Model 1908 .25 auto) had only a grip safety to prevent the spring driven striker from firing a loaded cartridge. It wasn't very long before the mistake was realized and a thumb safety was added (as well as a magazine disconnect).

Last edited by gyvel; February 11, 2014 at 11:24 PM.

Page generated in 0.03748 seconds with 8 queries