View Single Post
Old February 8, 2009, 01:13 PM   #11
M1911

Quote:
The parent in this case a doctor hired these men for money to assist his too young son to fire a weapon that any reasonable person would not give to a kid of this stature. The parent is just a guilty for not showing any common sense.
I disagree. What is common sense to you and I about firearms is not common sense to someone who doesn't know anything about firearms. The father has said that he doesn't know anything about guns and thought that the smaller micro Uzi would be easier for his son to handle. You and I know better, but he did not. You and I have training and experience. He does not.

He was lead to believe that instructors would be supervising the shooters. His reasonable expectation was that these instructors would use their superior knowledge and training, and exercise proper judgment to keep his son safe. They did not.

I am a certified instructor. I've done similar shoots (but not with full-auto firearms) and have instructed children. In our shoots, the parents were not physically on the firing line -- we keep all spectators at least 10 feet behind the line. The parents are not certified instructors. I was the one with the technical knowledge. I was the one with instructor certification. I was the one standing right next to their child. It was my responsibility to take reasonable measures to ensure safety, not the parents.

Page generated in 0.02300 seconds with 8 queries