View Single Post
Old July 12, 2012, 12:54 AM   #71
Cheapshooter

Quote:
Nato ammo the boys overseas are using is on the hot side (+P ) at least. No issues, just shoot the hell out of it and enjoy. Thats what its made for.
Quote:
AFAIK, Nato ammo is most certainly hotter but I believe it is still less then +P pressures. I could be wrong but I am pretty sure that is the case.
I did a little research on Midway's site. Now IF what they are selling as surplus, or over run is Winchester NATO ammo, and IF the published specs are correct, it is the same as WWB. 124 gr. @ 1140 fps. Winchester Ranger 9MM NATO 124 gr. is listed at 1185 fps, and Supreme Elite PDX1 +P at 1200 fps.
Of course other manufacturers may have different specs, but what I found most interesting is that the Winchester NATO surplus that they are selling appears to be the same thing as good olle Winchester USA ( Winchester white Box).

Quote:
You won't find this anywhere else! MidwayUSA was able to purchase a VERY LIMITED quantity of US Military 9mm Luger handgun ammunition manufactured by Winchester. This is the exact same ammunition currently being shipped to American soliders overseas. A very rare find - once it's gone, it's gone, so order today! Available in 50 or 500 count boxes.
In the end though, the NATO, the WWB, and everything else I've put in my 92fs has worked flawlessly!
Cheapshooter's rules of gun ownership #1: NEVER SELL OR TRADE ANYTHING!

Page generated in 0.02559 seconds with 8 queries