View Single Post
Old August 30, 2008, 09:15 PM   #6
butta9999

i use 43gr of imr4320 in my .243 with verlocities of around 2900fps using 100gr hornady interlock . Load is half grain from max. No pressure signs at all. There is no reason for me to go any further as my grouping is sub moa at 100 yd. Its not worth pushing max for the extra 50fps the animal aint gonna know the difference but your barrel will. As for the lesser verlocities you have a 22' barrel which will loose about 100fps. Every gun is different a hot load in my rifle could be mild in yours.

There is no need to exceed max loads in your rifles if you want ultra verlocities get the .240 weatherby mag. I have some pics in the hunt forum under Outback Australia (butta9999) all my quarry taken with my .243 using that load.

Its any awesome all rounder caliber but you will loose performance with the 22 inch barrel. When your carrying the rifle in the bush its a lot better though.

I have a manual by Nick Harvey who is the best Australian Gun guru in Australia. Point is all load testing is done in hunting rifles and in the field. No lab tests. If you are able to purchase one form there its a worthy investiment.
Hopes this helps.

Page generated in 0.02592 seconds with 8 queries