View Single Post
Old April 19, 2006, 08:04 PM   #1
The Colin

Right outside my door!

So it can happen anywhere! For those of you in SoCal you're likely to see this on the news tonight!

Quote:
Shooting, police chase end in apparent suicide
Suspect kills himself with shotgun, officials say.

By JOHN McDONALD
The Orange County Register

A man was shot in the chest with a shotgun this morning in Newport Beach and his attacker led police on a car chase to the Huntington Beach Pier, where the suspect killed himself, officials said.
The incident began at about 10 a.m. when police were called to 16th Street and Irvine Avenue in Newport Beach on a report of shots fired and a man down. The officer found a man on the ground and he identified his attacker to the officers, Newport Beach police reported.

The pursuit went up Pacific Coast Highway into Huntington Beach and the suspect, followed by a police helicopter and at least two police cars, hit a spike strip set down by Huntington Beach police. He made a U-turn and came to a stop at the Huntington Beach Pier.

As police approached the vehicle, a shot was heard. The suspect was found dead in the car.
http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister...le_1109931.php

As i'm writing this i'm looking down at the Newport Beach Police CSI unit picking up what remains of their evidence markers and yellow tape. The first part of this story seiously happened less than 20 yards from my window. Aparently this is a love triangle gone very very wrong... domestic situations are always the most dangerous.

I left my aparment and walked up the stairs of the parking structure outside about an hour before this happened. I still have no idea which one of my neighbors was the victim.

Had i been in my apartment at the time i have no idea how i would have responded except to call 911.

Anyway.. still kind of shocked it all happened so close to my door. I guess I shouldnt be.

Thank god no one else was hurt.

Page generated in 0.03078 seconds with 8 queries