View Single Post
Old June 10, 2001, 10:34 AM   #8
Joe Portale

Micheal and others,

The idea of a powder scale that can meter to 2/100ths of a grain really interests me. I am sort of an accuracy nut. I love to get old guns like surplus Mausers and Enfields, to do things that because of thier age, they are not suppose to do. Of course, this involves some real precision reloading amoung other things.

For what it is worth, you can buy precision scales that are as accurate as they one Micheal described for less. These scales are intended for chemistry and other "scientific" purpose that are just as accurate. An example of this is the scale that is sold by Dillion. It is either an Ohaus or Digiscale and can be had through a company like Scaleman for about a third less. But if you really need that pretty sky blue, go with the Dillion.

Now, don't get me wrong, if you want a custom made scale like the $800 model, go for it. The tools need to fit the person using them. I am sure the scale is great. All I am saying if you want a scale capable of 2/100ths of a grain, there are options.

My Mrs. is a shooter and is very tolerant of some of my more exhorbatent purchases. Yet, I could just imagine the look on the wife's face when I show here a $800 scale. Or, what part of the anatomy that I would need to have it removed from after she gets through with me!

Now if someone came up with a powder measure that could drop a load to 2/100ths of a grain consistantly, that would interest me.

Joe

"Even now in heaven there are angles carrying savage weapons".
- St Paul

Page generated in 0.03387 seconds with 8 queries