View Single Post
Old April 3, 2007, 06:02 PM   #1
Pacer

April 14,15 2007 Appleseed Doylestown, PA

We are two weeks away from April 14, 15 2007 at Wicen's Range in Furlong Pa, south of Doylestown.

Interest among the local gun shops appears high, but I will find room onthe line for my brothers of The Rally Point.

You can't buy training cheaper than $100 for two full days, 16 hours chock full of American History, Principles of the Republic, the basic six steps of hitting your target with your chosen long arm, and conversation with like minded citizens.

You may register on-line, via www.rwva.org (and get a tee shirt shipped in) or on site, if you fear the trail.

Take the challenge on your home range TODAY, and see if you can benefit from a little coaching.

Set a 1" square at 25 meters (82 feet) heck, 25 yards is close enough. Place ten shots, in any position, except off the bench, inside that one inch square. If you can do it, come on out and help me teach other less fortunates!

Slings HIGHLY recommended, as is a pad to lie on, and field glasses to spot with, stpaler to hang targets.
Don't forget sun screen, a cleaning kit, and lots of water!

Hope to see ya there!

Pacer.

Plan of Instruction:

Safety Briefing and Firearm safety check.
April 19, 1775 the Day America awoke.
The Baseline---The Redcoats are coming!

The Secret to hitting your target...The Six Steps of Firing a Shot
The effective use of the sling.
Trigger Control
The Cheek Weld
The basics of the Prone position

Firing for group size
Regulating your sights.
NPOA Drills..shifting targets.

Fluent Magazine changes
The Rifelman's cadence

The Offhand Position
The Sitting Position
Ranging targets using your sight
The Effects of Wind
Cleaning your long arm
Battle Site Zero
Transition to 100 yards

...and lots and lots of the Army Qualification Targets/ Course of Fire

400 rounds should do you.

.22LR is adequate for the 25 Meter course.

[quote author=Pacer link=topic=1114.msg6621#msg6621 date=1169224362]
RWVA.org APPLESEED (Rifle Marksmanship Basic / Intermediate)Training Clinic

http://www.rwva.org/yabbse/index.php?topic=1385.0

All Shoots start at 8:30 AM unless otherwise noted.

Check out this link for 11 Common Appleseed Misperceptions!

If you are wondering what equipment to bring read this post! For RifleWoman's version of what to bring check out this post!

To pre-register

Go to Fred's or here to get the pre-registration form.

Make your checks payable to RWVA and send them with the registration form to P.O. Box 756, Ramseur, NC 27316.

If you desire confirmation of your registration, please send along a SASE!

PLEASE NOTE:

The fee for 2007 Appleseed Events is the same as last year. $45 a day or $70 for the weekend. However, Participants may be required to pay a range fee to be collected by the range. Additional range fee $15.00 per day (attempting to negotiate this)

From the SOUTH along I 95:
Go to the Newtown Exit, turn left, follow the "Newtown Bypass" and turn left on Rte, 332. Follow this through Richboro as it becomes "Almshouse Road". COntinue to Rte. 263 (York Road) and turn Right. Continue North to "Sugarbottom Road" turn right and follow it to the end, where it swings left and becomes "Mozart Road". Wicen's is on the right.

From the NORTH and EAST (NJ) Get to Rte. 202 around New Hope. Follow this West and swing onto 263 South (they merge for a bit and split off again). Follow this to "Swamp Road" and make a left (if you miss this, you can continue on to Sugarbottom road as marked above). Turn RIGHT on Mozart and Wicen's will be on the left.

From the WEST, take 263 and join in as above, OR (far enough WEST)
you may come East on the PA Turnpike, follow US 1 North to I95 and proceed North I95 to join up on those directions.

NOTE: The range is on a hill top. There is good drainage, for the most part. There is NO RANGE COVER, so a tarp or two would be welcome to assist us in arranging temporary cover.

THERE ARE MINIMAL CLOSE RESTARAUNTS on 263. Bring your snacks and water.

[/quote]

Page generated in 0.03197 seconds with 8 queries