View Single Post
Old February 12, 2005, 04:57 PM   #35
9mmMike

Just got in from Lehigh Valley Sporting Clay. Nice place. The club house is small but the sporting clay course is excellent. They have A & B stations at every, well, station. The small map at each station is on a "white-board" and it looks like they change the course often.
The place itself is really cool. Shooting around all those broken down factory building is just plain neat. If they could import some zombies, they'd fit right in. There were several Rabbits and a few mini's as well, including a true-pair of mini's. Those things are quick.
The guns that we saw would pay off a good part of my mortgage. Lot's of neat stuff for sale on the bulletin board as well. K80's, K80 barrels, Silver Pigeon II, Red Label, Gold Pigeon, and some high-end stuff that I recognized but I can not spell. And there we were with an unamed Spanish OU, a two year old Remington Express with 28" VR barrel and my '55 Wingmaster with a plain 28" barrel.
The course is in excellent shape. Quite a change from W&W which more often than not has at least two stations down for repairs.
Since it was our first time we had to use a "trapper". We had a young lad named Andy who was actually very helpful as a coach and he was a pretty good sport to not make too much fun about our guns. He was fascinated by the fact that we had a couple pump-guns and I suspect he does not often see a gun worth less than 2K or at least 1.5K, let alone less than 150.00.
We shot the "B" stations on report except for the final which we shot as a double.
It was very windy and freakin' freezing in Allentown but it was still a real hoot.
By the way, we passed through Guthsville on the way and I do believe there is a very nice rifle/pistol range there so we might be able to do some sort of combo day or weekend shoot. I mean this place was a stone's throw away.
It was 35.00 for 100 clays (33.00 for NRA members or Vets) and 15.00 for the four seater cart which we split three ways. Overall this is, I think, about 5 (or 3) bucks more than W&W.
Can't wait to go again!
Mike
IF YOU LIVE IN PA AND DID NOT VOTE, YOU DESERVE TO LOSE YOUR GUNS!

Page generated in 0.03224 seconds with 8 queries