View Single Post
Old April 16, 2006, 06:28 PM   #36
Hal8000

Oct_97 has the right idea for recoil:
Quote:
Posture plays a huge roll on controlling recoil. Most inexperienced shooters stand straight up with one foot way behind the other and their backs arched to the rear, thus amplifying the felt recoil. Spread your feet about shoulder width, drop your strong side (Left or right hand) foot back a couple of inches, and bend foward at the waist. Firmly grip the gun with the strong hand pushing foward and the weak hand pulling rearward, arms extended with a slight break at the elbows, and both elbows at the same level. (LOL, Sounds like getting golf instructions.) This posture allows the arms and upper body to absorbe the recoil, thus diminishing the felt recoil.
In simple terms, lean your entire body into the shot. /------>] , ( you being the "/".)

In learning to manage my flinch (anticipation, trigger jerk), I used a revolver. While shooting leave one or more chambers empty every loading and shoot normally. After you jerk the gun a few times on a dry "click", the trigger jerk is very obvious and you'll learn to squeeze, squeeze, squeeze the trigger...

(Notice I said "manage my flinch", You never really fully conquer it...)

Page generated in 0.03520 seconds with 8 queries