View Single Post
Old March 8, 2012, 10:38 AM   #45
AH.74

I really don't know where to start, Bill. You seem to be grasping at straws to support your argument. I don't think that's reasonable.

Yes, the human body twists and contorts under normal movement. That's why good gear to secure your equipment and keep retention is important- so your gear doesn't become compromised.

A modern handgun which is in proper condition will not go off when dropped. Even falling down stairs. And are you really worried about being kicked hard enough to cause your 1911 to go off? And regarding that- is it common for 1911's to have "free-floating firing pins?" I'm not familiar with that platform so honestly don't know. If it is, that's another reason I'm not interested in them.

I have chosen guns with operating systems specifically not having manual safeties so there is one less thing to worry about. But if you don't have gear which will prevent a manual safety from being deactivated during normal daily activity, you should get gear that works better. Or get guns without safeties.

And if I did carry guns with manual safeties, I think I would make it a part of daily routine to check the status and not assume it's always activated. "Unknowingly" doesn't work with a person responsibly carrying their gun. It's their business to know.

Everyday occurrences- those are ones that you and I may find ourselves in that are not to the extreme, like the ones you keep coming up with. A perp kicking you in the balls and hitting the muzzle and causing your gun to go off? Really?

Page generated in 0.02471 seconds with 8 queries