View Single Post
Old July 28, 2008, 01:51 AM   #52
thesecond

There's a run of about 4000 pre-lock 642's (stainless) currently (probably a few hundred left - and they're already on gunbroker), if that makes a difference. Thanks to Wild Alaska, and to my local range here in the desert. The Colts are super nice, but .... no longer made, not as likely to have gunsmiths available, and their heft is more similar to the S & W model 36, 49, or other Smith stainless snubs (60, 640, 649). Triggers probably much better at the start. I've found used pre-lock S & W to have sweet triggers, but dry-fire works that out eventually, see below.

You probably also have to work out whether you want the availability of .357 magnum as well, though some of the more experienced folks would say 158g +p/non +p HP would be sufficient, without the blast/recoil of the .357, particularly in an airlight or airweight.

As some may have said, grip selection is important (For pocket carry, the CT-405's have an excellent recoil-reducing backstrap, even if the laser isn't in the on position), much more crucial to the ergonomics for snubs. I have seen some really suave grips on this site (many picture threads here) that probably serve well in the comfort/recoil dept. "A-Zoom" snap caps, by Pachmayr (sp?) - hard-anodized for durability, and simulates the added weight of cartridges much better. Finger-nail polish on the front-sight ramp (where the ridges are). Good luck.

Page generated in 0.03070 seconds with 8 queries