View Single Post
Old October 22, 2012, 06:32 PM   #79
shortwave

Quote:
I have yet to find a new pistol that shoots better after a "break-in" period. I think it's a bunch of bull crap. If your trigger sucks out of the box, get a trigger job or another pistol. It isn't going to magically smooth itself our after 500 rounds or so.
I have. Quit a few.

Especially both my S&W 442 and 642. They had horrible triggers on them when they were first bought. After many rds. and a ton of dry firing, they have smoothed out very nicely.

Have noticed smoother operations on just about every new semi auto I've ever bought after several hundred rds through them as well.

Have only bought two that wouldn't get through a full mag. without a FTF. One was taken back by the dealer after many long,rude conversation with the factory rep.(a long story).
Another of a different brand that was sent back for warranty repairs after a grueling mandatory 1000rd. break in period in which didn't cure the problem.
I got that pistol back and it well eat any kind of ammo and over the years has proven itself worthy of my winter ccw.

That's not to bad considering the number of guns bought in the last 30+years.

Last edited by shortwave; October 22, 2012 at 06:46 PM.

Page generated in 0.03580 seconds with 8 queries