View Single Post
Old January 22, 2006, 12:45 AM   #3
kesserman

My Instructors wore custom plugs.....

Thanks for the reply......

Glad it's not just me. It's a sick feeling where you're suddenly claustrophobic, and your nerves are frayed, and you just have to get away from the noise.

Back to topic....

I noticed my instructors running around with what looked like custom fitted plugs (no muffs). Again, how are you supposed to stand that kind of pressure? for two classes a day?

I didn't ask. There were 16 students in the class, and they had their hands full (plus I was plugged and muffed and wasn't up for a lot of conversation.)

I finally have some real shooting experience and it leaves me with more questions than answers.

I enjoy shooting. The discipline it requires has given me more self confidence. (not to mention, it's cool. I have my first silhouette target hanging on the closet door. Got my share of 'X' rings) But at the end of the day, I can't justify exposing myself to an inherently hazardous condition (hearing loss) for a sport.

The literature says "wear eye and ear protection", but that's all. I need some help putting this risk in perspective.

Last edited by kesserman; January 22, 2006 at 02:31 AM.

Page generated in 0.02463 seconds with 8 queries