View Single Post
Old April 27, 2005, 10:41 PM   #6
Rigmarol

Protection of life or Ego?

The RM is there to protect the lives of the shooters and spectators. (you know that)

No matter how many times you go to this or any range it is unsafe to handle a weapon with people down range. (you SHOULD know that too)

Gun owners can be a rough testosterone soaked group of people who get their egos out of kilter over the smallest things when it comes to their guns.

It sounds like you were throwing out some sort of "vibe" that made the RM zero in on you. He did right to firmly instruct you. If you would have said "sorry, it will not happen again." in your best "I screwed up" attitude. I'd bet a dollar you wouldn't have gotten the drill sgt. treatment.

If I had been downrange I would NOT have felt good watching you approach with a firarm in your hands.

You can save a bench just as easily by pointing to it and saying "I've got that one" if someone makes a move on it.

I don't like being yelled at either and have gotten the "drill sgt." treatment myself over something as stupid as fishing brass out of the brass bucket. But I disarmed the situation by swallowing my ego and appologizing. He yelled a little more to get the point hammered home and I humbly went back to my shooting. (I still don't know what the deal was but he was in charge)

Bottom line, The RM is in charge. Otherwise someone will get hurt.

Last edited by Rigmarol; April 27, 2005 at 11:27 PM.

Page generated in 0.02961 seconds with 8 queries