View Single Post
Old October 15, 2013, 02:18 AM   #49
45long

two notes

First off the 38spl is one of the most field proven round in existence ,if not in fact #1. Even with those stubbie barrels.

I have had several and own a chronograph . I know that these guys are right about the velocities out of the 4" barrels. Cops used to carry the longer barrels years ago. The magic number is around 3 inches . There is a significant increase in velocity from 2" to 3" barrels with both . Like about 150fps .wow. I own a older Charter arms with a 3" barrel and a newer one with a 3" barrel..I have others including a 20" H&R rifle. The increase per inch on average is about 50fps. But nothing like the 2-3" difference.

But still ,the FBI did extensive studies and can up with the 125gr bullet being the best perpetrator. Don't remember the FPS on that .But here's what i know .A 158gr LSWC loaded to +p speed will penetrate 3 osmost 2X6s at 6 feet coming out of a 2" barrel. Not to shabby. Good enough for me. And it being a revolver that doesn't have a chance of jamming..even better.

N0MJP

Page generated in 0.03187 seconds with 8 queries