Thread: Best SA/DA .40?
View Single Post
Old August 8, 2013, 07:22 PM   #1
Cosmodragoon

Best SA/DA .40?

I have carried a small .380 in restrictive settings for a few years and based on my own shooting experience, as well as excellent insights such as these, I have decided that I'd like more punch. I have no experience with .40 but I'm attracted to the heavier bullets and having another common avenue for ammo availability. Knowing my recoil preferences in other calibers, I think .40 might be a bit more than I'd want in, say, a Shield or PPS. So I'm upgrading my deep concealment semi from .380 to 9mm and my compact carry from 9mm to .40. (I like to keep my .45acp and various wheel guns to heavier-carry situations.)

The other gap in my experience is with striker-fired guns. I just don't own any and have never actually shot any. I hear the lower barrel-seating in the hand makes shooting smoother but for peace of mind and ease of execution, I have always preferred one in the pipe with no manual safety and the first shot in double action for regular carry pieces.

I was looking at a Bersa Thunder 40 UC Pro but I'd figure I'd put it to you. What is the best compact--small but not tiny--SA/DA .40 and why?

Page generated in 0.02319 seconds with 8 queries