View Single Post
Old May 28, 2013, 04:19 PM   #14
SpareMag

The safety in any event is very clever, but my M9-A1 came without it. My M40 (pre-) does have it.

I happen to like the approach Steyr took, but I appear to be in the minority. AFAIK, the safety is not imported into the US.

I found my used Steyr by a fluke, it was for sale at my LGS, and being used, the LGS let me play with it on the range. It came home with me. Subsequently got the M9-A1 to match.

The Steyr is about the only piece that I would recommend as a pig in the poke purchase.

But I admit to a Steyr bias. I got a Steyr GB donkeys ages ago, and that remains the 9mm I am THE most accurate with. Fixed chrome-lined compensated barrel, it is a dream to shoot. One of the first mega-nines in the US, it holds...18 rounds I think. Discontinued now for a lot of sad reasons, mags all but impossible to find. <sigh....>

Oh, LED, to your question as to why Steyr doesn't have more of a presence in the US, it could be that Steyr, being a smaller player is just happy where they are. I don't know...but for Steyr, maybe Europe is world enough.

Page generated in 0.02531 seconds with 8 queries