View Single Post
Old March 7, 2010, 08:34 AM   #13
Kreyzhorse

Nothing surprises me. I was at a local gun shop talking to the guy at the counter and he told me about all bore sighting he does right before hunting season.

Anyway, guy brings his rifle and scope in and wants it bore sighted and will be back to get it. The guy that worked there put the rifle up to his shoulder and sighted through the scope and noticed that the scope was rotated so that crosshairs formed an "X" instead of a "+". So he goes on, "I leveled the scope, bore sighted it and tightened it all back up."

The guy comes in to pick up his rifle and is ****** off once he sees it. The guy that works there explained what he did and why but the guy would have none of it and wanted the scope put back the way it was prior to dropping it off. It seems the guy was convinced that the crosshairs should always be an "X" shape rather than a "+" pattern because "X marks the spot" when hunting.

The guy that worked there said "I rotated the scope back to a "x" pattern, gave him his rifle and shook my head as he walked out the door."

Last edited by Kreyzhorse; March 7, 2010 at 08:49 AM.

Page generated in 0.03352 seconds with 8 queries