View Single Post
Old January 5, 2013, 09:33 AM   #161
Aguila Blanca
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Servo
Many of those uniforms were being worn by hired mercenaries and members of the California Highway Patrol who'd been deputized and brought in.
Mercenaries? As in non-LEO? This is the first mention I've ever seen of any "mercenaries" being deployed in Noo Orleans after Katrina. As to the CHiPs ... they are LEO, whether we like it or not.

Tom, your local LEOs might take their oath seriously, but I feel pretty confident that those in most larger cities would cheerfully go around confiscating firearms if given the order. I chatted up a city police officer in a Burger King at lunch yesterday while his partner fielded a phone call. My question was about a headline article recommending armed security in schools, but his attitude in responding tells me that his attitude goes beyond schools.

"Only the police should be allowed to have guns," was his answer. "There are too many guns out there and too many crazy people."

This guy couldn't even form a coherent sentence in English, so I knew I was dealing with an inner city cop. The officers in most of the smaller towns around here have graduated from college, and many have degrees specifically in criminal justice. In the city, they keep lowering the hiring standards so members of various minorities can pass the qualification exam. This guy was proof that their diversity program is successful.

Page generated in 0.02708 seconds with 8 queries