View Single Post
Old January 19, 2012, 12:14 AM   #1
ZVP

Hair triggers, who needs em?

Sure Paladan had 1.5 oz and some folks brag about their Hair triggers but really, is it necessary to have less than 3 to 4lbs for a field revolvers pull? No suprises, no accidental discharges, and most of all it's safe for everyone to shoot!
I don't want a revolver that people are scared to handle because (it might go off!) Cap and Ball revolvers are by nature of their system,known to have slow lock times and wvwn with a meduium weight pull such as I promote, are no slower than a not safe pull measured in ounces!
Getting too happy with a set of stones or files on a sear is definatelly NOT the way to go. Remember you can't put it back easilly when you take too much off
With a new revolver, lube the trigger assembly with a good grade of light oil and let it wear-in for a few shots. Let it wear and develop "Witness Marks" for later inspection and work by a competent gunsmith.The marks will guide the professional as where to remove material should work be necessary.
I have followed this procedure with all 7 of my B/P revolvers and no work has been necessary on any of them. In fact my two Piettia Remingtons have excellent pulls they are crisp and break really clean! I don't need or want sub-one pound letoffs.
Safety goes hand in hand with fun, and keeping your trigger pull safe is a VERY important part of a good shooting experience.
ZVP

Page generated in 0.02796 seconds with 8 queries